FOUNDATION OF OUR FAITH
WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
- We believe that all Scripture, Old and New Testaments are the inerrant, infallible
and inspired Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God who has eternally manifested Himself in three persons:
The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
and received a human body and a sinless human nature; yet, He retained His absolute deity,
being at the same time truly God and the Creator and truly man.
- We believe in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit, who indwells every true believer.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he later sinned and thereby incurred
not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human
beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture as a
representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who repent and believe in Him are
justified on the basis of His shed blood and thus have salvation.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that baptism should take place as soon as possible after salvation is realized,
and it is done to fulfill the command of Jesus Christ and to identify with His death and resurrection.
- We believe that the church, the body of Christ, is composed of all those who personally receive
Jesus Christ by faith alone as their Savior and Lord and thus are born again and the results
of their repentance and faith is apparent in their lives.
- We believe in "That Blessed Hope," the personal and imminent second coming of our Lord
and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust.
- We believe that upon salvation, we are divinely reckoned to be related to this world as
strangers and pilgrims, ambassadors and witnesses, and that our purpose in life should
be to make Christ known to the whole world.
- We believe in the power of prayer for salvation, healing, filling of the believers by the Holy
Spirit, and the furtherance of God's Kingdom.
OUR STATEMENT OF BIBLICAL PURPOSE
I. TO GLORIFY GOD AND ENJOY HIM Rom 11:36; Ps 73:25,26
- By praising Him in oneness of mind and voice in times of public worship. Rev. 1:5,6 Rom 15:5,6
- By communion with, commitment to, and adoration of Jesus Christ. Co. 1:18,19 Acts 2:42-46, Phil 2:9-11
- By praying, and by responding to God's word under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Rom 8:15-27, John 14:26, John 16:1
- By enjoying God Himself, salvation, and the gifts He gives us, together. Ps 103, Jas 1:17, 1Jn 1:3,4
- By striving to do everything in a way that glorifies God. Col 3:17
II. To Minister to Fellow Iranian Believers in Christ Rom 12:4-6 Gal 6:10
- By cultivating personal growth in Christ, Eph 4:11-13, and by developing obedience to Christ's commands. II Tim 2:2, Luke 6:46, Matt 28:20
- By study and application of Biblical principles. Act 2:42, II Tim 2:15
- By encouraging one another in faith. Gal 3:1-12, Heb 11-12:2
- By building and expressing love for one another, Jn 15:12,17 Jn 13:34,25
- By maintaining the unity of the body, I Cor 1:10, Eph 4:1-6 Phil 2:1-4
- By sharing one another's joys, sorrows, strengths and needs. Rom 12:15-16, II Cor 1:4-6
- By constant prayer, in groups and alone. I Tim 2:1-8, Eph 6:18
- By taking care of one another in service and sacrifice. Eph 4:16, Gal 6:10, Matt 25:37-40, I Thes 5:17
- By developing and using the spiritual gifts of all believers in the body. Rom 12:5-8, I Cor 12
- By helping each other to be the husband, wife, mother, son or daughter that the Lord intends us to be. Heb 10:24
- By equiping parents to train their children in the ways of the Lord, and by supporting them in that work. Deut 6:2, Deut 20-21, Eph 6:4
III. To Minister to Iranians Around The World Acts 1:7-8
- By penetration of Iranian society. Acts 8:1,4 Acts 2:47 I Pet 3:15 I Pet 16, Matt 5:13
- By making disciples, through evangelism, baptism, and instruction. Matt 28:19-20, Jn 17:20-23
- By witnessing to God's will for our Iranian society. Ezek 3:17-21
- By meeting the needs of those Jesus loves, by service and sacrifice. Jn 14:12, Matt 4:23
- By expressing these ministries of the church outward from our own Iranian community in Triangle area
through the world, sending and supporting selected men and women specifically to minister to
Iranians around the world as a part of our church. Acts 1:8, Acts 13:1-3, Acts 14:26-28